Tuesday, May 20, 2008

VISION: TRAIN-WRECK-By Sherry Mason

Mon, 19 May 2008 09:55:10 -0500


VISION: TRAIN-WRECK-By Sherry Mason

I had a "vision" in the middle of the night.

I was drowsily praying with my eyes closed and I saw a train crossing a gorge in a mountainous region. The region was completely barren of any sort of vegetation. The mountains were made up of a deep reddish brown, craggy rock. It was very ugly, not beautiful like mountains should be.

The train was heading toward a sheer rock face in which THERE WAS NO TUNNEL OR OPENING OF ANY KIND. As the train crossed the gorge and headed toward the rock face I saw that the train engine was going to smash into the mountain. It did...and I heard the words "The church is headed toward a dead end".

I knew this referred to the church "system", that this was about Lakeland, that this was about the way men have used the church to further themselves...that this was about all the garbage that God wants to take out of His people.

If you dissect the sententce "The church is headed toward a dead end"...it implies the direction they are already going in...that it is "death" rather than life and that it will be brought to an "end". There is a metaphor "headed for a train wreck" that is defined as disaster that is foreseeable but can be averted if a change is made.

In the instance of this vision however...there was no change made and the train was in a very vulnerable place as it crossed the gorge right before hitting the mountain. This train wreck will be unavoidable.

I had an experience that left me shaken many years ago and in that experience God said to me "Arrogrance will be the destruction of the church!".

I believe the "church" (I am talking about the religious system, the structure of the system (even within non denominational fellowships) and the hierarchy setup MUST be destroyed. God told me that He must first destroy the church before He can rebuild it because HE WILL BUILD HIS CHURCH AND HE WILL HAVE ONE WITHOUT SPOT, WRINKLE....ETC.

I don't know how all this will look but I believe my vision is a true one...and it won't be long until we see it.

Sherry Mason

U.S.A.

No comments: