Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vision: The Stable Doors

Vision: The Stable Doors

21st July 2009

I saw this vision mid 2008.

I saw a vast number of stables in America. All the stable doors had been left either wide open or ajar.

I saw political leaders and 'christian' leaders busy closing the stable doors, they themselves had recklessly left open.

I understood within the vision that the horses had already bolted, but when these leaders learnt that this was so, they ran to close the stable doors.

It appeared that the political and 'christian' leaders owned many stables, in the nation and abroad.



By the time the leaders reached the next stable, again it was after the horses had fled. But as these leaders loved attention, they'd call in the media, and hold press conferences and make a great show about how they had now closed the stable doors. Whilst they were giving these sound bytes to the media, horses from other stables were bolting.

Had these leaders not wasted time in all these press conferences and trying to redeem their image before the public, they would have reached the remaining stables in time to lock them before losing any more horses. But these leaders had made their closing of stable doors sound like a virtue, and were seeking praise from the public.

I saw that the leaders had no inclination to close the stable doors before the horses bolted.

" Hey guys, we're rich enough to buy new horses so what's the big deal? So we lost a few horses ..........haven't we enough horses to waste?.........We're a rich nation, our stables will be full again. Besides, we're learning from these experiences."

As I watched these leaders, I saw that there was much experiencing but no learning from it.

The leaders instead of rushing by the fastest possible means to the stables, or delegating the work to those who were nearest to the stables, instead, dragged their feet and always reached the place too late.

I saw that as the leaders did this repeatedly, they got hooked on the habit of closing the doors of the stable, in the nation, and abroad, after the horses had bolted.

Nation-wide, and abroad, horses were on the loose. Not all horses were tame, many were wild. The wild ones had been heavily sedated in the stables, but when the effect of the sedation wore off, they bolted out the doors and were now roaming free in the lanes and by-lanes, trampling on everything that stood in the way.

The political and 'christian' leaders had so perfected the art of closing the stable doors after the horses had fled, that they now preferred the job of closing the stable doors to that of rearing horses.

I now saw that leaders who represented other fields, besides the 'church' and politics,  had also joined them.

They were continuously closing stable doors in the nation and abroad, after the horses had bolted.

When questioned about the horses roaming free, the political, 'christian', and other leaders who had joined them, said, " Hey, this kind of stuff happens. Look..............., " turning  to their followers and pointing at the vast distance they had travelled, they continued, " have we or have we not closed each and every stable door along the way? Are we not doing our job? It just ain't gonna happen again. Not on our watch, it won't!"

The leaders were right about that. It certainly would not happen again. For the stables were empty. There were no horses left to flee.

A man standing in a corner, away from the crowd, shouted a question to the leaders, " But what about all those horses that are roaming free on the public streets, who's going to take those off the streets?"

" The streets belong to the public, so it's the public who's gonna have to gather those horses," replied one of the leaders. " As for us, we will continue to conscientiously serve one and all, by shutting every stable door in the land, and abroad".

As the vision faded, I noticed that the leaders whom I saw, irrespective of which field these leaders represented, be it the 'church', government, opposition, business and industry, the armed forces, etc, they all looked and behaved like politicians.

Bombay-India
Swarna Jha

1 comment:

Swarna Jha said...

Was reminded of this vision, today.