Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:01:41 -0500
The Love of God
By Sherry Mason
U.S.A
I have been thinking on "faith". We are always telling people they just need to have faith or we say "if only we had faith then we would be healed, then we would be delivered, then people would be raised from the dead"...etc. And yet all those people who say, "faith, faith, faith...all we need is faith" seem to me to be harsh, cold, withdrawn, demanding, condemming and when they speak these words it always causes my heart to sink within me. I feel like I have no hope because I just don't have enough "faith" and therefore I will never be healed nor have the power to heal others.
The other day, yet once again, I was told I needed to operate in faith...and I lay in my bed thinking about this. Then I was reminded that there is passage of scripture that says:
"So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love" I Cor 13:13
and I realize that is it not a lack of faith but a lack of love that we have. Jesus was ALWAYS moved by compassion and when that happened, EVERYONE got healed.
I remember when I first gave my heart to God and invited Him into my life God gave me the gift of prophecy. I had the gift to speak His heart for someone, but what I really needed was to HAVE His heart. The heart of God speaks volumes without even uttering a word. I was driving down the street a few weeks after I committed my life to the lord and I saw a "bum, a vagrant, a homeless man". Once upon a time I would have been really harsh and judgemental, but I remember praying and asking God to give me love for him and those like him. I knew that my "gift" was nothing if I did not have love.
Here I am 28 years later and I know that what I want to do is to serve the needy of this world. I still love the gift of prophecy, but how much greater to serve people and present the Love of God to them.
So...I realize that my prayers in this season must change...instead of asking for faith...I need to ask for compassion and love. If I gain these, then faith and hope will find their way into my life also.
And about raising the dead? It's a wonderful thing to raise someone out of death into life but there are so many walking dead around us...everywhere we go...what if we desired to raise them up from death into the life that God has for them? Isn't this the greatest miracle of all? Isn't this why the Love of God was presented to us through His Son, crucified?
Sherry
No comments:
Post a Comment