Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gay couples cheer California high court ruling

Gay couples cheer California high court ruling


By LISA LEFF, Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO - Gay and lesbian couples around California are planning their nuptials following a refusal by the state's highest court to delay its decision legalizing same-sex marriage.

The California Supreme Court's announcement Wednesday cleared the final hurdle for same-sex couples in the nation's most populous state to wed beginning June 17, when state officials have said counties must start issuing new gender-neutral marriage licenses.

Judy Appel, executive director of Our Family Coalition, a San Francisco-based group that advocates for same-sex couples with children, said she was thrilled by the court's refusal to stay the ruling.

Read full article here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080605/ap_on_re_us/gay_marriage;_ylt=AuOmvtrr6nGxO0iiPuVjUGRH2ocA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SABBATH-7 JUNE 2008 ; On reading this article, I am reminded about the story of Lot and his wife and family, and the ANCIENT BIBLE CITIES, OF SODOM AND GOMMORRAH.(which have been re-discovered,ie ruins of and the sulfur balls that destroyed it, from GOD.) All I can say in support of OUR ALMIGHTY GOD AND CREATOR OF MANKIND; what will be the consequences to those responsible for making this type of decision? Not in man,s jurisdictions, but by the Great adjudictor in the HEAVENLY COURTS. If your reading this today and challenging what I,m saying , I ask you humbly turn to your creator/God, and ask and seek his guidance & forgiveness and turn from your ways, today, not tomorrow. In Jesus name A-men