Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Truth About French Wines-By Bryan Hupperts

The Truth About French Wines-By Bryan Hupperts

Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:47:39 +0000
http://www.sheeptrax.com/


Length: 60 seconds

© 2008 Bryan Hupperts

This is SheepTrax.com with The Truth About French Wines.

Missouri, my home state, has a remarkable wine industry. I like to take weekend drives through our wine country and, though I don’t imbibe, I have learned many lessons about walking with God by observing our vintners and their art.

Many a wine snob have expressed sophisticated preference to expensive French wines over the domestic wines of Missouri . Fine. Whatever. What they don’t know until I tell them is that it was a gentleman named George Hussman, yes, a Missourian, who saved the French wine industry.

In the 1880’s, French vines were being wiped out by an insect plague. Professor Hussman discovered that certain Missouri grape species, having been developed from wild vines, were immune. 10 million Missouri root stocks were exported and grafted into French vines and saved the industry. Most vines in France today are descended from mixed Missouri vines.

Sometimes the bouquet of revealed truth is enough to make even a wine snob snort in horror.

The point is no matter how devastated by the plague of sin, no matter how humble your origins, redeemed humanity, grafted together in Christ, make for quite an exotic vintage, don’t we?

Viva la Savior!


For SheepTrax, T-R-A-X.com, I’m Bryan Hupperts.

No comments: