Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:24:52 -0800 (PST)
FLAMES OF JOY-By Sherry Mason
sparrowoftheplain@yahoo.com
Hi,
Had an interesting night. Went to bed and was thinking about all the neat things that God has done in my life (supernatural things). I began thanking Him for those and telling Him that all the best stuff in my life has centered around Him and what He has done and so I fell asleep in that frame of mind.
I woke up at 1:55 AM with thunder and lightening (another winter rain storm which in itself has been speaking to me). As I woke up I heard the following: "The tide has turned for you to your favor". I immediately thought of how a swimmer can get caught in an ocean tide and no matter how they struggle against it, they can be dragged out to sea. But if the tide turns then they no longer have to struggle but just be carried by it back to shore.
When the tide turns it won't be a struggle of our flesh to survive but we will rest and be carried by the tide out of our present circumstances which we have felt as if we were "drowning" in.
Then I "saw" a person with what seemed to be a flame of fire on them and I knew that it was JOY. A person came up behind them and they "caught" the flame of joy as it leaped to them from the first person. And then a 3rd person caught the flame of joy and a fourth and so on. ALL were "Leaping/dancing" in this joy.
I was reminded of the flames of fire that sat on the heads of those who were waiting in the upper room. I never thought of JOY as a flame before but when considered...it makes sense. JOY is strength, passion, ability to do what God gives us to do. JOY is LIFE ABUNDANT! And when it comes...it is contagious and will be passed on to others who then pass it on to more people.
I was greatly encouraged by these things.
Sherry
As to the winter storms. In Kansas (as far as I can remember) I have never seen so many rainstorms in winter. We have had lightening/thunder and rain several times this year (at least four that I can recall). I keep thinking of the Song of Solomon where He comes to His beloved and calls her to arise. He says "the winter rains are gone...the time of the singing birds has come". I believe these "winter rains" we have been experiencing are a sign from God and that when they cease it will be time for us to arise and to "go" with Him (I am not talking about the rapture). The time of waiting is drawing to an end.
Sherry Mason
U.S.A.
1 comment:
Wonderful. May you spread and others catch the real fire of God, not the counterfit so popular in the West.
Bryan Hupperts
Post a Comment