Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dream: His Ministers-By Mary Elizabeth Adams

HIS MINISTERS


By MARY ELIZABETH ADAMS
Alaska-U.S.A
meamin@mtaonline.net


In a dream, the Lord spoke to me.


I had entered a church that was overflowing with people. There was a lot of loud exhuberant shouting and rejoicing going on. As I came in, I stood by the doorway, because I somehow knew that the pastor would come ask me to preach there—and he did, even though I did not know him nor had I ever been in that church. As he escorted me to the platform, I suddenly was struck with the thought that I must remove my shoes, which I did. As I walked upon the stage I was suddenly taken over by the powerful presence of the Holy Spirit. My mouth was speaking things that were like darts, flying and hitting targets. People sat stunned and speechless. I myself was almost overcome, as a holy hush descended. It was as though the entire audience had entered into a supernatural cloud and were afraid to even breathe for fear it would disappear. The words rolled off my mouth, revealing and exposing secrets of hearts. We were all being swept clean, just as some gigantic tsunami would have done to a coastline. It was so awesome and powerful!


There was nothing more to do…no altar call, no laying on of hands. I simply left the stage and walked away down the aisle, stopping for a brief moment to speak a word of encouragement to a woman that I noticed was especially touched by all that had happened. That was the end of the dream.


The following is what I believe God was saying to me and to you:


“God’s ministers are all those who seek to be used of Him. They seek no reward but to please Him. They seek no praise of human lips. They will follow His directions only. They will not falter nor give way to their inabilities or human frailties, but will trust Him and not be fearful. God’s ministers will be led by the Spirit of the Lord. They will then find themselves knowing that they are in the right place at the appointed time. He will give them the foreknowledge of His will and there will be no questioning in their minds of what is to take place.


Likewise, God’s ministers will have confidence that they need do nothing of their own flesh to make things happen…they will simply know the proper timing of things. They will also recognize and heed their own need to respect the holiness and significance of their calling, by first stripping themselves of all worldliness in their own flesh and recognizing that the special thing He has called them to do is as “holy ground” on which their feet will touch. They do not dare to bring the contamination of the world upon it. Once they have removed the shoes of this world (symbolic of that contamination) and put their bare feet into His revealed plan, they will then become enveloped in the cloud of His Glory. He will take their lips and speak through them with unexplainable power and authority. The Spirit of the Lord will overpower and expose the hidden secrets of hearts just as an unexpected tsunami strikes a coastline. All will be laid bare as a force of conviction comes in to sweep away the walls of resistance and fortresses of sin. There need be no words of persuasion or begging needful, for the Spirit of the Lord will penetrate and wound like an arrow. Its work will cause a deep mourning of soul and spirit to cleanse the hearts and minds of God’s people.


God desires that we worship Him “in the beauty of holiness”, and it is an awesome experience when that happens. We may wonder why it was that the priests could not stand in the temple and desire to experience that for ourselves, but only when the true Spirit of the Lord arrives can there be that overpowering presence to melt away our fleshly, self-exhalting motives and desires. No man can stand in His presence, nor can human hearts ever be truly satisfied with anything less.


God is concerned about His church. Many run to and fro seeking such experiences, but not finding--sampling and tasting here and there, but not finding the real nectar that satisfies. It is because of those who “call themselves ministers” have come to His pulpits without His summons and arrogantly polluted His altars with the contamination of the world that is upon them. Therefore they speak out of their own spirits and devise trickery and falsehood to deceive His people and line their pockets, trading promises for money.

Some of you once wandered into their camps and sat by their fires which have long since died out, for they were not ignited by His eternal flame. You were wounded by your experience. But the emptiness you feel is also His work, as He is calling His people to know that their wanderings here and there to find “the move of God” and to experience “revival” was not bad in itself. Their mistake is that they sought for it in men who had never found it in themselves.


For we must never forget that it was only when God’s ministers came out of the Holy Place that the cloud of His glory descended…



MARY ELIZABETH ADAMS

No comments: